O-1B Arts & Film/TV
O-1B Visas are available to:
Artists who can demonstrate Extraordinary Ability in the Arts; and
Film & TV professionals who can demonstrate Extraordinary Achievement in the film & television industry.
To qualify for an O1B visa, the applicant must meet a minimum of three of the following criteria:
(1) Evidence that the alien has performed, and will perform, services as a lead or starring participant in productions or events which have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by critical reviews, advertisements, publicity releases, publications, contracts, or endorsements;
(2) Evidence that the alien has achieved national or international recognition for achievements evidenced by critical reviews or other published materials by or about the individual in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, or other publications;
(3) Evidence that the alien has performed, and will perform, in a lead, starring, or critical role for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation evidenced by articles in newspapers, trade journals, publications, or testimonials;
(4) Evidence that the alien has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes as evidenced by such indicators as title, rating, standing in the field, box office receipts, motion pictures or television ratings, and other occupational achievements reported in trade journals, major newspapers, or other publications;
(5) Evidence that the alien has received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts in the field in which the alien is engaged. Such testimonials must be in a form which clearly indicates the author’s authority, expertise, and knowledge of the alien’s achievements;
(6) Evidence that the alien has either commanded a high salary or will command a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services in relation to others in the field, as evidenced by contracts or other reliable evidence.
How can you meet each of these criteria?
Lead and Starring Role in Distinguished Productions or Events
· Press about your past work on specific productions
· Advertising or promotional materials with your name or image on them
National or International Recognition
· Articles discussing your awards, nominations, or other recognition
· Each article must include English translation (if not in English), name of publication, name of article, date of publication, name of the author
· Must provide circulation figures/viewership statistics for each publication along with background information about the publication
Lead and Critical Roles for Distinguished Organization
· Press about your past work with specific companies or organizations
· Letters from former supervisors/colleagues attesting to your duties and critical role within the organizations
Critical Acclaim and Commercial Success
· Articles discussing your awards, nominations, or other recognition; and/or
· Articles stating box office figures, strong TV ratings information, sales information, sold out performances
Significant recognition from organizations or industry experts
· Proof of award/nominations or other recognition from organizations, such as film festivals
· Letters discussing your awards, nominations, unique traits and any other achievements
· Letters must come from “industry experts” with strong credentials in the industry
· Letters must be accompanied with background information about the writers
· Comparative information about earnings your profession in your home country
· Past or future contracts showing an income that is in the top 10% of earnings according to US Dept of Labor (ask an attorney)
· Pay stubs showing you earned a high salary
If the criteria listed above do not readily apply to the applicant’s occupation, comparable evidence may be submitted in order to establish the applicant’s eligibility.
Please call us at 310-730-5655 or click here for a free consultation.